Floating wind power – New wings of wind power technology
Perhaps the “wind power floating” is a fairly new concept in Vietnam. However, this is the leading modern wind power technology today. So do you have any questions: What is wind power? And what is the special wind power technology? Don’t worry because MBWind will answer you right here:
What is wind power floating?
The wind power floating in the short call of “offshore wind power”. Like the name, the floating wind power pillars do not have the nails directly into the seabed surface, but let the turbine pillars “float” on the sea thanks to the fixedness of an anchor wire system and stool techniques Additional volume and weight. Floating wind power projects are selected for construction in offshore waters, with deep water levels and unfavorable background texture to build concrete foundations on the seabed.
It can be said that the wind power technology floating is a strong advance in the field of general energy technology and wind power technology in particular.
Floating wind power technology is getting special attention by outstanding advantages such as:
- First to mention the maximum utilization of strong wind with a more effective intensity and wind speed than near shore and on land. Eliminate the maximum element of obstacles that affect the blown direction of wind streams.
- Floating wind power is seen as the leading optimal solution for marine areas with limited shallow water area and has a non-flat seabed surface, difficult to build a fixed foundation.
- Floating wind power devices can easily move to any position in the same sea area without much cost. Therefore, they can move flexibly to different positions to make the most of the wind directions in each season of the year.
- Not only that, floating wind power technology can be used as testing equipment and surveys for the assessment of the potential level of the location of the project.
- Floating wind farms located offshore also have a certain impact on the landscape, supporting positioning as well as the direction of roads for fishermen to catch offshore.
- As far as experts’ research, the environmental impacts that floating wind power technology is also at the same level as conventional wind power technologies.
Floating wind technology:
In parallel with the modern technical development process of mankind, wind technology also gradually immerses in that flow. From the construction of offshore turbines to take advantage of the wind, technical experts continue to want to move the wind turbines further from the coast to deep water, where the wind is extremely powerful and stable. And this is the motivation to urge a more optimal wind technology to be born, which is the floating wind technology.
The operating principle of floating wind power is similar to the principle of operation of the wind power near the shore and on the mainland. That is: When the wind acts with a strong enough force on the rotor, the rotor rotates around a rotor, thereby doing a wind turbine and helping convert the kinetic energy into electricity. Electricity is transported in a system of cable under the sea to a shore transformer, through technical processing steps, the electricity will eventually be transferred to households to serve to live through the electrical system.
Because floating wind power has structures and operates similarly to the near-shore wind and on the mainland, they can be easily installed based on the process of wind power technology on the shore. Turbine and floating wind power devices can be installed on the mainland and then transported to construction locations offshore. The selection of wind electrical technology for construction must be based on the conditions of the sea such as waves, tide, water flow, sea bottom surface. Not only that, but it is also necessary to consider the wind situation in the area, the size of the wind turbine, the depth of the port, the equipment supply, price and investment capital for the floating wind power project.
There are two types of turbines being designed and used in floating wind technology in VietNam, which are single turbines, and multi-turbine equipment clusters. According to the proposals, multi – turbine combination consists of many turbines designed on the same base with large sizes to reduce the ratio between the height of the wind and the width of the floating base and thereby reducing the movement. Flavor and restriction of a shift of the base. However, this structure is greatly influenced by the waves and the flow effect on the base, not only that, sometimes the turbines are also affected by the disturbing winds due to the operation of the turbines in the same equipment combination. For that reason, the single turbine equipment is still selected by experts for floating wind power projects.
There may still be many aspects that revolve around the topic of “floating wind power” that we still can’t completely find answers. However, to keep up with today’s modern energy technology trend, the field of wind power technology needs to be promoted to pay attention and further research. Immerse yourself with modern technology flow, MBWIND has always been constantly researching and finding optimal directions for wind power technologies, contributing to advancement in the field of modern renewable energy. To learn interesting information about wind power technology and related issues in VietNam, do not hesitate to contact MBWIND.vn immediately, according to Hotline +84 936 382 555, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to be private Quice and support!